If you missed out on any of the fun, here is a list of this week’s highlights:
- I had an epiphany while I was on a business trip in Manhattan. After thinking that I was too old to party like a rock star, I realized that I just don’t need anything more than what I already have.
- I took a series of “selfies” for my readers to pleasure themselves to. They came out pretty good, I think, because I learned from the best.
- I offered a heartfelt defense of Oscar host, Seth MacFarlane, whom, I believe, was unfairly targeted by the media for his “inappropriate” humor.
My Digital Footprint
Last week’s Sprocket Ink submission explores an interesting law proposed by an Illinois Senator who believes that anonymous comments on the Internet are dangerous and should be banned. You can read all about that jackassery here.
I had a lot of fun live-tweeting the Oscars again this year and I even gained a few new followers along the way. If you were offended by Seth MacFarlane’s performance though, you shouldn’t follow me. His shit is pretty tame in comparison to what I write.
There was so much “win” on the Internets this week, it was hard to whittle down my list of favorites... but I'm gonna try.
- If you’ve been following along, you know that I was taken aback by how offended everyone was over Seth MacFarlane’s performance at the Oscars, which led me to wonder if everyone is just a little too sensitive these days. Then, I found this story, by Eva Woods, over at the Good Men Project. It was so well-written that the topic doesn’t need to be discussed any further. Amen, as the Reverend says.
- Recently, this crazy person started stalking me and, after seeing what she was all about, I quickly realized that we were meant for each other.
- Also, one of my Facebook friends sent me this cat video and it is the best cat video I have seen since last week, so it is worthy of sharing!
Comment of the Week
On my “Selfies” post, Pickleope said:
“You may have forgotten the full-body-picture-in-the-mirror shot that's irresistible to tweens and emotionally stunted adults. And I thank you for forgetting that.”
Oh Pickleope, I didn’t forget, silly. Check your inbox!
That's all for this week, folks.
I hope you have an orgasmic fucking weekend!